CLICK HERE to complete the application for the 2017 Amor Mission Trip
DATES: July 13-15, 2017 (early Thursday to late Saturday)
LOCATION: Building project site TBD (likely in a suburb of Tijuana). Overnight location is the secure Amor camp – location either East of Tijuana, or north of Rosarito.
COST: $300 per person (includes project fees, building materials, all meals plus snacks, clean drinking water, and tool rental). Children 10 and under are FREE!
- Costs not included: passport fees, auto insurance (if driving).
- Some partial scholarships are available upon request.
- May 31 – Deadline to apply for a passport. This provides 6 weeks before departure.
- May 31– $100 deposit due to MTC (non-refundable). Go HERE to pay the deposit (http://bit.ly/2pmwW82)
- June 23 – Remaining trip cost due to MTC. Go HERE to pay the trip cost (http://bit.ly/2pmwW82)
- Online MTC Application: CLICK HERE
- Amor “Individual Mission Trip Participation Form” – this document can be obtained from the Amor website, or from the church office, or download it here: Mission Trails Church Participation Form
- Proof of US passport (photocopy of info. page is fine). To apply for a US Passport, start here: http://bit.ly/1LXkwNe
WHO CAN APPLY?: This trip is open to anyone. Minors must 1) be accompanied by an adult, 2) be able to work safely in a construction zone, and be on the project site all day for two days. Talk with Pastor Kyle, or Scott Hasser, if you’d like to bring a child under age 10.
Since 1980, San Diego based Amor (“love”) exists to address spiritual and physical poverty, by partnering with local churches and ministries to meet housing needs, in the name of Christ. Check out www.Amor.org.
WILL THIS TRIP BE SAFE?
While there are no guarantees for our safety any single day of our lives, Amor is proactive about the safety of its volunteers and staff. Having had a strong presence in Mexico for more than 32 years, Amor staff works with local government, police and community leaders, and is equipped to deal with any safety issues that may arise. To see a list of Amor’s safety guidelines, procedures and FAQ’s, visit www.Amor.org/safety
For details about how to apply for or renew a passport, go to travel.state.gov/passport. Please provide at least 6 weeks.